Brief Description of Project Scope
The project is to provide land and the associated infrastructures for the proposed land uses at the existing Anderson Road Quarry (ARQ) site at the north-eastern of East Kowloon according to the approved Kwun Tong (North) Outline Zoning Plan. The development of the ARQ site will provide about 12 hectares of land for development of about 9,400 private and subsidised housing flats with a planned population of about 25,000. The population intake will start from 2023-24 onwards. Land will also be provided for commercial uses, government, institution or community facilities, open space and amenity areas, etc.
In addition to the site formation and infrastructure works within the ARQ site, a new bus-to-bus interchange (BBI) will be constructed at the toll plaza of Tseung Kwan O Tunnel to alleviate the public transport demand at Sau Mau Ping, Po Tat, Hing Tin areas and to mitigate the traffic impact generated from the ARQ development. A series of associated off-site road improvement works and pedestrian connectivity facilities is also proposed to enhance the pedestrian connectivity between the ARQ site and housing estates in the vicinity, the Kwun Tong town centre and the proposed BBI, as well as to mitigate the potential cumulative traffic impact arising from the proposed ARQ development.
- Site Formation and Infrastructure
- Formation of about 40 hectares of land platforms;
- Construction of roads, footpaths, cycle tracks and a public transport terminus; and
- Provision of and improvement to water supply, drainage and sewerage systems as well as landscaping works and other ancillary works for the open space.
- Off-site Road Improvement Works
- Road Improvement Works at the junctions of Clear Water Bay Road / On Sau Road and New Clear Water Bay Road / Clear Water Bay Road;
- Road improvement Works at New Clear water Bay Road and Shun Lee Tsuen Road; and
- Road Improvement Works at the junctions of Lin Tak Road and Sau Mau Ping Road over Tseung Kwan O Road
- Pedestrian Connectivity Facilities
- Construction of off-site pedestrian connectivity facilities near On Tat Estate, Hiu Lai Court and Hiu Wah Buildings, as well as near Po Tat Estate, Sau Mau Ping (South) Estate, Sau Ming House of Sau Mau Ping Estate and Hiu Ming Street Playground; and
- Construction of the proposed bus-to bus interchange (BBI) at the toll plaza of Tseung Kwan O Tunnel